Neighborhood Notes firmly believes that local, independently owned businesses—in collaboration with their neighbors—help create vibrant, livable neighborhoods and a durable, local economy. It's why we focus on providing high-quality, solution-based reporting that helps neighbors and indie business owners work together to do things like improve pedestrian safety, influence development, or improve the business districts in their neighborhood. It's also why we consistently showcase new locally owned businesses, offer indie options to retail giants, and highlight local goods and services: Thinking, buying and supporting local matters.
Our content is authentically local and so are our priorities. That's why you'll never see an article about a local business alongside a promotion for your "local" Walmart or "neighborhood" Subway: We're committed to building a credible, local information ecosystem that boosts our community's bottom line. And we've leveraged the growing relevance of this local ecosystem on the Internet to create a suite of hassle-free, affordable and effective tools for indie business owners.
Whether you’re strapped for time, cash or both, our tools allow you to manage your information and explore your options at your convenience, 24/7/365. You simply provide the information and we handle the technical details to put your tools to work and help your indie business thrive.
What Can You Do With These Tools?
- Connect with consumers who value buying local and investing in the local economy.
- Increase your visibility to search engines and help provide users with more relevant search results about your business.
- Leverage our web and social media presence to create social media campaigns to promote your news and events and drive the social media mentions that influence SEO.
- Provide your customers with a moderated review environment where they can give you the rave reviews or constructive criticism you deserve. (Reviews are a factor in local search. You want them. Really.)
- Boost your brand without boosting your workload.
- Participate in annual shopping, dining and services guides to promote Portland's indie business community to locals and visitors; promote your products in seasonal guides to draw customers through your door.
- Increase your business' visibility at peak times of the year or when your bottom line could use a boost.
Get Your Business Toolkit
- Join the NN Community. It's free and easy.
- Claim your business in The Localist.
- Business not listed? Add it to The Localist and then claim it.
Additional Support: Feel the Local Love
As a part of the NN business community, you’ll also have access to the following resources:
- Business Notes Blog
- Business Notes E-newsletter
- Workshops (the first of which, Owning Your Ass[ets], will take place in September and October)
- Consulting services
What are you waiting for? You don't need anything from us to access your toolkit. Have questions? Give us a jingle at 503.764.4330 or send us an email.