City of Portland Bureau of Transportation
Are you the owner of this business? Become a member of Neighborhood Notes to manage and enhance your directory listing, and gain access to tools, information, and resources to help your indie business thrive.
While there may be only four “quadrants” in Portland, there are five annual Sunday Parkways dates—one per month from May through September—each in a different part of town. On these five Sundays, the city closes an area of streets to cars and opens up the public space to families and communities of walkers, bikers and runners. With the routes lined with vendors, live music, activities and educational opportunities (like free bike repairs!)‚ some 103,000 Portlanders participated in 2012, so join your neighbors this year!
Here are the 2013 dates, plus find maps and get more info:
- May 12: East Portland (11 a.m.-4 p.m., 7 miles)
- June 23: NE Portland (11 a.m.-4 p.m., 8 miles)
- July 28: North Portland (11 a.m.-4 p.m., 9.5 miles)
- August 25: SE Portland (11 a.m.-4 p.m., 9 miles)
- September 29: SW Portland (11 a.m.-4 p.m., miles TBD)